Checklist for hiring workers for the first time
– A new business owner?
At a glance:
– The Tax Office has released a checklist to assist new businesses in meeting their tax and superannuation obligations to their employees.
– Review the checklist to assist your business in meeting your tax and superannuation obligations.
– Contact us if you require any clarification or advice.
The checklist outlines employer obligations before a new employee begins working.
The checklist, includes:
- Checking whether the candidates can legally work in Australia;
- Registering for PAYG withholding to withhold tax from employee wages;
- Selecting a default super fund to pay employee superannuation payments; and
- Setting up a system to manage worker records and payments.
The checklist includes links to fringe benefits tax for businesses who may provide fringe benefits to their employees or their associates.
For more information, click here.
– An employer’s tax and superannuation obligations will depend on whether their workers are employees or contractors.